66fit Multi Function Exercise Board & 66fit Twin Ab Roller Wheels – A review by Fontaine Bradbury
Fontaine Bradbury is a qualified personal trainer, lean lounge mentor, coach and international pole instructor. You can find her Facebook page here, and this is her review of our 66fit Multi Function Exercise Board and 66fit Twin Ab Roller Wheels.
“I have had the absolute pleasure of road testing both the 66fit Multi Function Exercise Board and the 66fit Twin Ab Roller Wheels. Both mine and my clients goals are to focus on exercises and programs that … functional training methods.
Both these products are a great add on to any functional training program as they promote and improve balance, strength, flexibility, insurance and muscle awareness.
I’m going to start with the 66fit Multi Function Exercise Board, this is one of the greatest products for a small at home gym. It has so many great “functions” and endless possibilities to achieve a full body workout. Some of the great features include the half circle attachments which promote muscle memory, stability, flexibility, endurance and of course strength. The reason why I love this product is because of its versatility. I was able to write a whole body workout program using only this one tool. No weights, no bands.. just sweat and strength.
Here is the program I wrote using the 66fit Multi Function Exercise Board:
- 40 Step ups 20 on the Right and 20 on the Left using the 2 large height adjustment blocks.
- 20 Bulgarian lunges each side
- 20 Incline deep booty squats using the single diagonal block
- 20 Burpees with high knees ~ no exercise board but just added it in for fun 😉
- 40 Hand ups 20 on the right and 20 on the left using the 2 large height adjustment blocks
- 10 Incline push ups hands onto the board
- 10 Decline push ups feet on the board
- 1 Min back and shoulder stability wiggles using the round attachment
- 1 Min plank stability with feet onto the board using the round attachment
This type of workout can also be modified to suit your level of strength or fitness and can be done without even leaving your home or office!
The board is easily kept in a cupboard or under the bed. I suggest keeping the box as you wouldn’t want to lose the attachments. I have also used the board with my clients in a gym setting.
Some pitfalls: The plastic construction can be slippery on laminate or floor boards so may require use of yoga mat underneath to avoid slippage. Options.. The round half ball attachment is exceptionally hard for squat balance exercises so a softer ball would be a great add on.
66fit Twin Ab Roller Wheels
Out of all machines, ab exercises rollers and Swiss balls are my absolute favourites! One of the reasons why I love this product above others on the market is because of the brake system. This system can turn an exercises into a test of muscular and mental strength. My favourite thing to do is roll out to the furthest point possibly for my abs to handle for 10 reps, then perform one extra rep at that same distance, put the brakes on and hold in the extension for as long as I can. Talk about ab burn! Not only do the rollers assist in a great ab workout and strengthening exercise but they can be used for strengthening and developing back, shoulders and peck muscles too.
Here is the program I wrote using the 66fit Twin Ab Roller Wheels
- 10 Forward roll outs on knees
- 10 Forward roll outs on feet
- 1 Min full extension with brake at furthest point on knees
- 10 Single arm roll outs to side with body in plank. (Opposite hand on floor and perform push up with elbow tucked) Left and Right
- 10 Wide roll out push ups using the stopper or chest to floor before pulling up.
Feel the ab burn!!
One of the many great design features of the rollers is the smooth glide and bearings. I found the roller to be functional, quiet and smooth on all surfaces.
All in all both these products have the ability to aid in a full body workout. They are ergonomic, functional and easily tucked away or kept neatly at home or in the office.
Both products will push your muscles to their limits especially with a well thought out and choreographed program to follow.”